• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack stuff?

Okay, I've seen a few offroaders with tubes on their roof racks. I'm just wondering what they are for? Maps? Thanks.

main.php

I have used tubes on the roof for fishing rods in the past. 4 or 6 inch (depends if fresh or salt water) ABS with one end glued and the other with a twist off. Not sure about other people.

joe

joe_gold said:
I have used tubes on the roof for fishing rods in the past. 4 or 6 inch (depends if fresh or salt water) ABS with one end glued and the other with a twist off. Not sure about other people.

joe

building level, fishing junk, survey rod, etc. very handy

Spare axle shafts and spare drive shafts too. Can be used to pack fishing gear and can be used to carry your tent poles if they are the fiberglass ones like a buddy of mine has.

sprngfldxj said:
Never thought of the water idea!
That sounds like a good way to take in water that you wouldnt have room for in the vehicle, water maybe for non potable uses?

I've seen 6"pvc rigged up in the back of a pickup with a water spigot. The guy used it for water for his hunting dogs.

If you use black pvc it could be set up as a solar shower.

I saw a trick'd out Xj (going up the 15) the other day that had a roll out canopy worked into a 6" tube mounted to his rack....

Would like to pics of that!

Back