• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Near Future Plans

palmettobackwoods

NAXJA Forum User
Aight, im pretty decided on what i want to do with the rear end. D44 out of a old wagoneer or commanche if i can't find the waggy, the slapping some 5.13 or 5.38 gears with 31 spline shafts w/ lockers on 34-36's. No clue what to do the the D30's in the front, or the steering, any suggestions with a 6in sus. lift?

You can't go lower than 4:88 gears on a Dana 30 so think swapping it to a 44 if you want to go lower.

is this a dedicated trail rig? If not you are gonna suffer day to day with those gear choices. Great for crawling but gonna be tough on the highway. I would wlmost go with either a klune or a atlas TC instead of going that steep of gear with those tires in a driver. Now if it is a trail only I wouldnt think of leaving the dana 30 up front. Alot is also going to have to do with how you drive. Me I am runniing a d30 in the front till I blow it then it will be a 60, I know I have a heavy foot :)

highly dedicated, i already ordered the atlas t/c, thats a must, the dana t/c just doesn't cut it anymore. this thing hardly if ever touches the highway, if going long distances will be towed. i also didn't even plan on the 30's staying upfront, im just not sure which route to take on it

palmettobackwoods said:
highly dedicated, i already ordered the atlas t/c, thats a must, the dana t/c just doesn't cut it anymore. this thing hardly if ever touches the highway, if going long distances will be towed. i also didn't even plan on the 30's staying upfront, im just not sure which route to take on it

You have a Dana 300? Or are you meaning the New Process t/c doesn't cut it. If you have a Dana 300 you could do a doubler..

i did, and broke the casing. ive heard nothing bad from the atlas yet though. i have my rig under control with everything i want in it, the only thing that im really lost on is the axle's and gears, i just can't seem to grasp the concept completely

Back