• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bout to lift the rig

ksmithers88

NAXJA Forum User
Is there anything i'm missing(something i would need, this does not include 44" boggers)?

1. Dana 44 Rear Axle
2. Claytons Offroad 8" LA Sus. Lift
3. Bilstein 7100 Shocks
4. Tom Wood CV Driveshaft & AA SYE
5. Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
6. 35x12.5 mickey Thompson MTZ Radials
7. Black Pro Comp Rock Crawler Steelies
8. Bushwacker Flares

(yeah, im goin big)

A good roll cage is an absolute must for anything you're gonna lift that high/wheel that hard. As for the suspension mods, if this is gonna be street driven at all, do you have a good set of swaybar disconnects? Keep in mind that a tire size increase that large will require new gears-I'm not real good with ratios but I would think at least 4.56's. Bumpstop extensions might be a good idea as well.

you dont need 8" for 35's, 6" wit some trimming would work, with 8" i'd look at 37's. you'll prob. need a better front axle or to build the 30 up with a truss and stronger shafts. another thing is that you will NEED to get your gears done. maybe a drop pitman arm. and deff new steering.

gears for sure, probably go with 4.56's as suggested, debating on swapping out the front 30 for a 44 as well.

This will be my DD, till I get my bike fixed, so who would you recommend for sway bar discos?

Also, thinking about upgrading to 1 ton steering, how would i go about that?

everyone will say something different about sway bars. IMO, pull them completely, drive around like that for a few days, see how you like it, if you do, then leave it off. it's easy to get used to, just don't take corners like it's a corvette... if you don't like it, put it back on and get disco's. not sure which company though for that length :dunno: . having it completely off is the easiest/cheapest solution, but disco's are simple too. there's no concrete answer for that question.

Last edited:
Back