• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Front Winch Bumper

warn bumpers are VERY heavy. strong as an ox, but heavy as hell. i have a JCR as well and love it. its taken some good hard hits without problems. whatever bumper you get the mounts are extremely important. make sure the mounting plates go at LEAST to the steeringbox bolts, if not further.

GrimmJeeper said:
warn bumpers are VERY heavy. strong as an ox, but heavy as hell. i have a JCR as well and love it. its taken some good hard hits without problems. whatever bumper you get the mounts are extremely important. make sure the mounting plates go at LEAST to the steeringbox bolts, if not further.

When I ordered mine I got the unibody stiffeners with it. I have not had any hits on the front but the back took a pretty good beating out in JV last Nov.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=2XJFWN&Category_Code=XJB

Also let them know you are a NAXJA member.

If price was not an issue, would this be an (overkill) bumper.
I likey Overkill

Mr.G & Family said:
If price was not an issue, would this be an (overkill) bumper.
I likey Overkill

No, not in my opinion.
There are others out there that are beefier.

I got it early (before my lift kit arrived) and decided to go for it and bolt it up onto a mostly stock Jeep....I was riding with the front end on the bumpstops...after the lift, I like it just fine, doesn't seem to drag the front end down too much. It has not rusted or chipped like my Nates4x4 POS. I have a 9.5ti on it, great combo. It was expensive though, but hey...do it once do it right. Let me know if I can help you with anything more specific.

I got it with the tube, and I like the tube...

bandit455 said:
if price wasnt an issue

why would u get an arb?

they are truly indestructible and im sure many other member can give some testimonials about them.

The ARB's that I've seen, only use the stock 6 mounting holes.
Indestructable with their grand total of the stock 6 mounting holes?

If a bumper is that darn expensive, it should come with framerail tie-ins. JMHO.

This is beefy. I set it down HARD on rock ledges a few times last weekend and it just laughed. 2"x6" box steel with 3/16" plating on top and 10 point unibody tie ins on each side.

DSC04212.jpg

whatevah said:
Hanson and TrailReady (http://www.trailready.com/jeep_cherokee.html, around $1000) both have nice fancy bumpers... A buddy of mine has a Hanson bumper. Quite nice...

I'd rather go with a JCR bumper or AJs Offroad's "Slikrok" bumper if you can wait for his. www.jcroffroad.com www.ajsoffroadarmor.com
The Hanson bumper is under $700 about $100 more than the Warn but, alot beefier and better looking (in my opinion, anyway) still......alot of money but, if he's considering the Warn, for a little more I would look at Hanson's--------Hans

Stumpalump said:

= crap...

I got one a few years ago (the orig. std version). It was not what I had ordered. I wanted something, basically to mount 2 Hella 1000 lights and it never fit them even after we talked about it and planned it out. The $100 powdercoating lasted about 4 months, and it was never the same after it started to flake off and rust. Really what it needed was to be completely sanded and repainted the right way. It was just as good as any other bumper as far as the unibody tie-ins and as a recovery point, but it wasn't worth the $500 I paid for it. After a while Nate just wouldn't return calls or e-mails about the botched custom job or the flaking paint, also cost $100+ to ship. You can do better than nate unless you can get it real cheap. I would never buy from him again just because of the customer service alone...but thats just me...

Back