• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ oil pressure?

20# at idle, or throughout the RPM range? basically you need 10# of presure for every 1000 RPM. (3500 RPM -- 35# min.)

I was having that issue the other day I was idling at about 5 PSI and running at about 20 at highway speeds. Mine definataly was not the sensor as a lot of people here have had trouble with mine was a clogged oil pick up screen. The previouse owner was not good at maint is my guess. I changed it and now the pressures have improved dramatically! 20 at idle and 45 on the highway.

Another question you didnt just use an engine flush or seafoam did you? I have seen them loosten enough junk to restrict/clog the oil pump pickup.

I run at 20#'s while idling at around 1000 rpm's and exactly the same when driving 2000 rpms, and still not even a minute change when accelerating at a little over 3000 rpms. It still reads zero when the engine is not running, so I don't "think" its stuck. Any Ideas?

did you happen to change the oil filter recently? Fram? ive had way too many bad Fram oil filters. and i am not the only one. never never never use Fram oil filters.

Back