• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

way to much oil

mramr1974

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 91 xj with a 4.0 ho in it the previous owner had 10 quarts of oil in it what a dipshXX:doh: . Anyway it had probaly then that filled up for a while.Anyone no what kind of engine damage i could be looking at .It does run but has bad blowbuy though wonder why hahah.

Drain the oil and re-fill with 6qts. Chances are fairly good that you'll not have any major problem aside from pan gasket and front seal leakage (along with the normal oil filter adapter leak) If the blow-bye continues after this, dig deep into the CCV system and verify strong manifold vacuum to the CCV valve- the line could have become plugged with oil goop if it was run that way for a whila.

A common source of too much oil can come from a leaky injector.
Smell the oil and make sure it doesn't smell like gas.

thanks forthe feedback the po put all the extra oilin it probaly due to the oilleak i just replace the o rings on the adapter plate ez job,

Back