• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing the headliner in the am...got a question.

leadnbrass

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys got a '99 with the drooping liner. I just looked at the jeep and want to know what size torx I need to remove the rear seatbelts from the roof???

Also it looks like the two screws next to the windshield...visors...along the trim...grab handles and above the rear hatch need to come out...is this correct???

Also how do you take the light above the front seats out??? I took off the middle lens and I see two screws...Is this all???

Any other screws Im missing???

The main question I need answered is the torx size.

Thanks

Most of the Torx bolts used for seat belts are a T-50 regardless of vehicle brand. I am getting ready to tackle my headliner as well so let me know how it goes (or went) for you. :thumbup:

I just finished doing mine last night on my 1990. The torx was a 50. Take a bunch of digital shots of everything that you take out and mark the screws as good as possible. for whatever reason it seems like all of the screws for every part are just slightly different. I used the permitex/napa carpet and headliner adhesive and it took 3 cans. Also make sure that you stock up on blades so that you get east clean cuts. I went through 4 doing mine because the dull pretty fast.

not sure if yours has the full console like mine but I had a long screw in the front then the whole console slid back.

Good luck.

joe

Thanks for the info guy's...It was a pretty crappy day so I didn't get around to it.

I'm working the next six days so I'll get it done on next thursday.

Oops, don't make my mistake!
When I did mine, I trimmed the excess material off with a razor. Only problem is I forgot to stop at the front... For some reason I thought there was a trim piece at the windshield, so I cut the material flush. I was supposed to leave an extra 3 inches or so to fold back over the top. Thing is, I did the same type of headliner on my Camaro a few years before, and I made note of it then and did it right. Oh well, age is catching up with me...
Also a good time to do any lighting upgrades while the liner is out. For instance, the Camaro had a standard dome light, and I replaced it with the map light version, same as what's in my '88 XJ. Wired and mounted the same way, just needed a bigger hole cut into the liner.

Back