• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Procomp Leafs = 0 n0es

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Well if some of you recall my previous leaf spring threads, my mains are FUBAR officially! They are bending around the spring clamps I am running so now they are like WW's. I posted up on my local board (Canuck eh) for spring recommendations but everyone is drinking beer and not answering...

Now I know I am going to get flack for this but I am looking at Leaf spring suggestions,

I basically just need new mains (priced them out individual local here... $120 A SIDE)

So then I got thinking... I can get Procomp springs over here for dirt cheap ($200ish) after price matching and further shiesting...
The problem is they are going to ride like ass so I am told from searching...so I thought why not bastard pack them with the leafs I have kicking in my "shop" which might help the ride.

Another option are the Superlift leafs... are they any good? I am assuming they are the same quality as black diamond seeing how they were bought out.

I priced Sky-crapper here $285 A SIDE
RE I don't even want to know, but I heard they come from the same plant as Rusty's springs
BDS is $225 w/ Lifetime warranty

The problem is half the vendors won't ship across the pond, so your other solutions are welcome.

I am looking for a 3"ish leaf pack just for reference which I will be adding an MJ shackle to as well.

I have been running a set of 4" procomps for about 6 years. I don't think they ride bad at all. the same pack has been on three different rigs. They don't sag at all. They ride stiffer because they have an overload spring. They don't over flex so they don't fall apart. If you tow a small trailer or use your rig as a daily driver they will last longer.

Rocky Road Outfitters has stock Cherokee leafs for 90/apiece, you could get those and make an S10 bastard pack for a reasonable price.

check out DPGoffroad.com

I heard rusty's and re are made in canada, Just got to find out who makes them and save some money. why pay shipping down there, mark up, rebranding and shipping back and duty?? someones got to know

wolfpackjeeper said:
I like my Pro comp leaves, gotta be 5 years old with MAYBE 1/4in of sag. Ride great.

It's very difficult to trust a company that makes crap (in my opinion), well the only thing left of my complete lift is the front coil springs , which are gone as soon as I can possibly afford them

i have some pro comp 3.5" springs with 2" lift RC shackles and 5.5" RE coils in the front... the back sags about 1" compared to the rear. i think i might ditch them for bastard packs or get some 4.5" RC leafs and a 1" spacer in the front

maybe i am lucky, but i love my procomp lift, it rids well and hasent sagged, flexes pretty good, dont really know what else to ask of it

sheesh wierd not seeing anyone jumping on the bashing band wagon!!! I guess I'll order these things up and see for myself... my Jeep is my DD and I do tow my quad trailer occasionally so I am sure these leafs will get the job done

I priced a set of RE leaf springs from a local aftermarket shop and was quoted $219 each with $45 in shipping(before the RE price increased). Holy crap, I was trying to buy local, but not at a substantial loss for me. That was a non-starter for me and I haven't been back.

Back