• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on this setup for 1"-1.5" lift?

JeepDawg

NAXJA Forum User
Quadratec HD Leaf Springs
JKS Rear Bar Pin
1" Front Spacers (Rocky Road)
OME Shocks

I'm trying to do a balance act between quality and cost. Like I said, I only want a modest lift. Thanks in advance!!!

Sounds like a decent setup, you may want to consider a small shackle in the rear. IIRC MJ shackles will net you a small amount of lift.

I already have a sagging rear...so I want something that will endure for a while. I was thinking of going with ZJ coils up front (since I would like to just switch out all of the springs and coils), but I'm not exactly sure if I will end up uneven.

So with 1", should I consider anything like adjustable track bar or lower control arms? I really don't want to mess up the angles/driveline too much. This rig will be carrying the wife and baby....so I want it running/driving as good as possible.

1-2" doesnt require control arms nor track bar
trackbar comes in around 3-4",
and lower control arms @ 3"
your family will be ok
1-2" lifts arent modest... more like un noticeable... is it a late model?
a soft 3" is a good starting point... but thats my opinion...

Oh yeah...my bad.....it's an '01. Thanks for the feedback XCM. You know, I'm dealing with three issues in terms of deciding how much to life:
1) wife is short,
2) there are some clearance issues in my garage on the right side (i.e. it's a tight fit and the mirror may bang up against some pipes if I lift more than 1.5"),
3) once you start lifting more, there are more considerations (i.e. track bar, control arms, t-case drop, SYE, etc.) - which translates into more money. In this economy, it's probably wise (for me) to stick to a modest budget.

Back