• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep blowing fuses..

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have an 89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4. I had a problem with it when I first got ti. It kept blowing the interior/parking lamp fuse. I just kept putting fuse after fuse and then all the sudden it just stopped and has been working fine. Then yesterday I decided I was going to go play in some mud. On the way home I noticed i had no instrument cluster lights or parking/running lights. I cannot figure out what it is. I was just wondering if anyone might have had the same problem, its getting real annoying!!

I had the same problem. Turn out in my case that the shifter light bulb wiring. The bulb that lights up the P R N D. The wiring some time rubbs against the shifter. Take a look there. Or put a new fuse in and move your shifter back and forth a couple times and see if it pops the fuse.

Back