• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's exhaust special

xjcody

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a '00 cherokee 4.0 aw4 for a daily driver. After driving my '89 with a cherry bomb, this new jeep doesn't sound deep enough for me. Rustys has deal that comes with basically a cat back exhaust and airtube w/ filter. Is anyone using this combo and if so what flowmaster sounds better for daily driving(40 or 50)? A sweet find, the jeep only has 59,000 miles :shocked:.
n869815600_2617862_8708.jpg

Last edited:
I've got an opened-up airbox & 2.25" manifold-back with the Flowmaster 40... I'll say that it sounds pretty low and rumbly but is actually a bit loud at 1500 RPM and the startup revs to 2000 RPM, before you are moving, is damned noisy. I grew up around smallblocks and big Pontiac engines, so I like it, but you damned well know you have a Flowmaster instead of the stock back there.
50 series is quieter - if you like the sound of an old 70s muscle car go with the 40, if you don't wanna listen to your exhaust note in city traffic go with 50.

I ordered just the catback kit a couple hours ago. I already have a header and cone intake. I went with the 50 series muffler since my XJ is loud enough with the stock exhaust (gotta love unbalanced mud tires). The 40 series is quite a bit louder. Rusty uses the "Delta Flow" mufflers which are a little quieter, but the 40 series is loud, no matter what.

all in the sig, Super 40 is alot better inside the cab than the reg 40. No drone.

Back