• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lighting question...

Blk99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a 99 Cherokee Sport, been waiting to get one for a few years now, I have a 93 ZJ at the moment as well but i'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Grand yet. Anyway... I'm going to lift the XJ like i did with the ZJ but i'm going to save up a bit and buy smaller things first I'm getting some Hella 500 driving lights in the next week or so and I'm looking at getting another headlamp as well b/c one is pretty fogged over. I'm looking at some bulbs as well on the advance auto parts website and it has some hella H3 12V bulbs that say they are not for street use. IF i were to put these in do they have low beams AND high beams? i would assume so but i just want to make sure. I hope its not a dumbass question.

is there any way to maybe "defog" that headlamp? so far i've only heard that you could maybe use some fine sand paper to get some of it off.

If you try sanding it down, use some very fine emery cloth (somewhere upwards of 400 grit) and lots of water. I've sanded clear plastic before, and it's a pain (and best done with the piece lying flat anyhow...)

A better solution would be a buffer or a buffing pad on a drill motor, and lots of plastic polish. Rinse with a fresh pad and lots of clear water.

Cheap toothpaste may be used as a first step in extreme cases - but try the plastic polish first.

Coat with a good paste wax when you're done, as it will help to prevent fogging again.

Back