• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EBC greenstuff 7000 squeaking

hollyxj

NAXJA Forum User
I got a set of ebc's for my front disc I used pertex(?) anti squeak followed their bedding procedure. Now 3 days later it's squeaking like mad. the roters were changed recently, what brand I have no idea was done by the PO. The old pads had alot of meat on them so I just scuffed the rotors. The old pads didnt squeak.

I'm wondering if anyone has used green stuff and had problems? I'm am going to just pulling them apart and recoat them when I have time, I guess

No problems here. Had them for over a year so far. They sometimes squeak slightly when almost at a stop, but that only seems to happen in the summer and isn't loud enough to be annoying.

oh and another question I have is since they are ceramic should I run the pads over a piece of sandpaper like you would when reinstalling semi metallic pads?

if you got any sort of oil or anything on them, it can cause them to "glaze" over. if you take them off and they have this hard shiny appearance, take some sandpaper to them until it's not there any more. then clean the brake rotors with brakleen.

Back