• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What hubs? Are these decent?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok 94 XJ with 130,000 miles. I have a 4.5 inch rough country ready to go on in the spring, my question is I hacve a bad front axle u-joint and planned on replacing both front hub bearins at the same time. I found a pair on ebay and the seller informs me that these would also work on the XJ. Is this a good deal or should I get them elsewhere . Different manufacturer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260216175025&rd=1

Keep in mind this is for both sides.

I wouldnt buy a Cracker Jack toy from those jokers. Ive ordered parts from them in the past and theyre the worst quality junk Ive ever seen. IF it fits, you'll be replacing it again soon. Dont waste your time with them.

Are your bearings going bad, or is this just preventative? If theyre not ready to be replaced, I'd wait it out. Sadly, it seems like the best bearings you can get for a D30 is the ones that came in it from the factory. Just doesnt seem like they make a decent aftermarket bearing.

Last edited:
I bought two 5-760X- Spicer for $58 shipped to my house. drivetrainoutlet.com

I have a 1998 Jeep XJ, with a noisy u-joint. I am replacing the wheel bearing assemblies at the same time. I'm saving up for those now.

If you are going to replace the u-joint you might as well replace the wheel bearing assembly. You have to take it off anyway. From what I have read Timkin is a good brand for the wheel bearing assembly. The cheapest I have found them is $140 (each) with free shipping.

Back