• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 and "vibrations"

Philprof

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on getting a RE 3.5" lift for my 2000 xj (np 242) but am concerned I will need an SYE package to avoid vibrations (I have heard "trouble"!). Any one have first (or second) hand experience with this? recs?

thanks

well before everyone else tells you, search,

and yes you will probably need a SYE, 1997 and newer generally need SYE's with anything over a mild lift. a RE 3.5 will usually net more then 3.5.

mike

I just installed the same lift and yes I needed a SYE. Had light vibes with the 3" that was on it before but with the RE the vibes were very bad. IF you can afford it go for a SYE instead of TC drop. I am also running a 231.

I got the DPG hybrid lift wich the RE6030 is the core. Dirk includes a spacer to level the front and mine is setting a 5" front and rear.

Last edited:
Dustin_XJ said:
i have a 4.5" RE lift on my '01 and only have a slight vibration.
Do you have an SYE, t-case drop, etc?
I'd do they SYE because even the vibes aren't too bad, you'll get a better driveshaft that'll hold up to flex better (thanks to the double cardan joint), and if you ever break the rear axle or whatever, keeping you from driving, you can pull the shaft and drive home in front wheel drive.

Dustin_XJ said:
i have a 4.5" RE lift on my '01 and only have a slight vibration.
I hate when people say this!"A Vibration is a Vibration" and it doing damage!

Philprof said:
I plan on getting a RE 3.5" lift for my 2000 xj (np 242) but am concerned I will need an SYE package to avoid vibrations (I have heard "trouble"!). Any one have first (or second) hand experience with this? recs?thanks
I had slight vibes on my 2000 the day I drove it off the lot! There is a TSB about it! My fix was to lift it(2 months after I bought it,who needs a warranty anyway) and install a HD SYE kit.Still rinning sweet 7 years and 35K miles later!:wave:

Back