• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiper blade chatter

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
My blades are new.It seems like the springs inside the wiper arms aren't keeping enough tension on the blades because if I put my hand on the wiper arm the chatter stops.There has to be a spring available that goes over the wiper arm to stop that annoying chatter.

I'll post back here when I find the fix...I'm fairly certain wiper chatter on these rigs are from weak wiper arm springs.
Stay tuned....

Last edited:
Bingo!

http://www.4x4xplor.com/snuggies.html

$3.99!!!

Now since we're on this subject,is anyone else disappointed in the performance of the wiper motor on high?It could be due to my 19year old motor or are all 89 xj's motors slow on high?Maybe I have some resistance in the wiring.Guess I'll have to do some troubleshooting with the trusty DVM.
I want some turbo powered wipers like on the ole' ladies honda accord

Last edited:
Nope, mine is slow too.. If you fix it, let me know... Then since you didn't post your 2.0 or was it 2.5 Hmmm.. Just come over here an fix mine :peace:

Scott:wave:

Back