• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long have you had airsoft bbs in your tires?

gradysjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I just put 8 ozs of airsoft bbs in each of my Maxxis Bighorns 33x12.5x15 and was wondering how long some others have been using them. Some one told me after 5-10k they would probably turn into dust from constantly working each other. I thought probably not but i guess they possibly could. So lets see how long yours have lasted.

why? x2

It balances your tires. I've been running them in my tires for 5.5 to 6 months. And I drive my jeep every day to school and back which is about 15 - 20 miles each way. I havn't had and issues yet.

iiiiiiinteresting. good idea. did you put them in before mounting or do they fit through the valve stem after removing the core?

From the website:

Can I put the tire on a balancer to see if it's working?
No. Dyna Beads operates on physics principles, and requires the tire assembly to be in motion against a road surface to detect the exact counterbalance position. An electronic balancer has a solid, fixed mount, and does not allow the tire to react to imbalance.

I'm 95% sure this product is garbage. Their explanation is vague and doesn't make sense, based on "physics principles". Any product that depends on testimonies rather than scientific studies is usually snake oil.

They balance the tires (make sure you remove the lead weight from your rims). And they are plastic so they last forever.

You're 15, everything you hear sounds dumb. LOL

The product is probably overpriced, but it's not garbage. Any kind of small round particle in the tire will help balance it out due to physics. Airsoft sounds like a good solution, and then you can mount your own tires. The chart I found recommended 6 oz for a 31/10.5/15 tire. I'll try this out when I put my summer wheels and tires on.

Back