• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Track Bar Problems.......

Fairmonco

NAXJA Forum User
Well,I think I bent my Rough Country adjustable track-bar today,and now I`m leaning to the passenger side,and have some death-wobble at lower speeds.

I tried to rule out every possible cause to my ill-driving,but my track bar sure does look like its bent pretty good.

Anyone else have any similar problems?

I just bought the thing about 2 months ago.

i have the rough country track bar and a stock frame mount and the axle mount is rough countys dropped adapter thing. the dropped adapter thing bolts into the stock axle mount and then an extra bolt goes through the mount. i have been getting really bad death wobble for a while after a rubicon run because of the frame mount loosening up a lot and the axle mount was loosaning up too.
i havent bent the track bar itself but everything else around it is bending.
ide say ditch that track bar and get a HD frame and axle mount for it and solve your death wobble and know that its solid.

who out there makes the best steering setup for the money? like trac bar and tie rod combo? anyone know of any companies that do both?

Smittty9785 said:
who out there makes the best steering setup for the money? like trac bar and tie rod combo? anyone know of any companies that do both?

You will get mixed reviews about alot of different companies and such. Anything better than stock. I will either build or buy a 1 ton steering setup, If I stay with the D30.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1115860

well i still have the stock everything pretty much. running 35's with 35 in rear and 30 up front stock gearing took out locker. getting ready to build cage and put dana 44 up front with ford 8.8 rear and get the TNT customs Y-Link and run 35's with a full ex-cage... purdy??

I had zero wobble at all before this happened,and everything else is straight.It bent right where it bends toward the mount on the frame rail.I looked at the picture RC has on there website,and mine definately has more bend to it.

Fairmonco said:
Anyone else have any similar problems?

I bent my TNT Customs trackbar last week. I don't see the bend causing a lean or deathwobble, assuming the ends are in good shape and everything is tight. My steering wheel was out nearly 180 degrees, and the axle slightly off center but it drove fine.

Original:

picture.JPG

Custom bent sucka$$ version:

picture.JPG

Oh well.

wow...that's pretty impressive. i also run the T&T trackbar and i know it's beefy

Ronbo said:
I bent my TNT Customs trackbar last week. I don't see the bend causing a lean or deathwobble, assuming the ends are in good shape and everything is tight. My steering wheel was out nearly 180 degrees, and the axle slightly off center but it drove fine.

Original:

picture.JPG

Custom bent sucka$$ version:

picture.JPG

Oh well.

Fairmonco said:
It will cause a lean `cause it pulls the passenger side closer to the unibody than its supposed to be.

The bend did shorten the length of the bar, shifting the axle over. But the minor change had no affect on the stance of the body.

Well I called Rough Country,and they told me that as long as I can send them a picture or two to prove my claim,they will send me a new one no-charge.I cleaned it up the best I could and took 2 pictures of it while still mounted,nd sent them the pictures.

Around the time I ordred this one,I was informed that there would be a small delay due to a new bend that they had to make in them due to problems.Maybe I got one of the faulty ones?!?

The metal is almost kinked where it bent.

i have the rough country adjustable trackbar on my jeep and haven't had any problems with it on or off-road. i have had to call in for some other minor stuff, and they've always been really good about helping me and getting the parts out ASAP.

i will be buying another one of their trackbars for my other jeep.

Back