• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting on lift . . . Help

Whiskey Jack

NAXJA Forum User
We're installing a Rusty's 3" lift (with new springs, not Add-a-Leafs) that we just got in today. The instructions are a little less than clear for our skill level. Where do you mount the brackets for the rear brake line extensions? Thanks for any help, and any links to pics would be greatly appreciated. I doubt it matters, but Jeep is an 89 2 door with D30/D35.

Watch those rear shock bolts. 90% chance you'll have to re-tap them. And that is NO fun. I had to retap 3 of the 4. And they were soaked in PB everyday for a week before.

Put anti-sieze on EVERY bolt you remove. Much easier to swap out new/broken parts in the future.

Nah, you dont need PB Blaster or antiseize on those bolts. Just dont seal up the leak on your transfercase like me. It keeps everything from the T case back lubed pretty well:D

Mike

Well, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, the lift is on. But there's a problem. The Jeep has a rake to it, and I mean a Superbird from Joe Dirt style rake to it. Will the back end settle down at all?

Yould always just add a 1 inch coil spacer to the front and when it does settle down just take them out.

Rusty's should settle about .4-1" No more. And you should be happy. Rather have a high ass then that all too familiar butt sag. Have fun with it!

I don't know about rusty's buy my RE lift settled down in the rear and is nice and level now. It took about 6 months for things to level out. Also, if you start with a 2000 xj you really don't have to worry about rust or stuck bolts, everything comes right off! :D

I'm glad to hear that the leafs will settle down a little. Right now, it's still on 235/75/15s that it came with, so that's kind of highlighting the gap. Here's another question: we went with the 3" lift b/c we wanted to run 31"s, but we broke out the tape measure and 31"s on the front would be quite stuffed, even sitting in the garage. Has anyone heard about Rusty's coils being too short? Maybe the back end isn't too high, the front is too short?

Back