• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Questions

Big Kev

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have some quick questions. I got some bigger tires and my rear leafs are sagging to the point I do not want to take it off road. The lift I have now is around 3.5" but like I said the rear sagged so it is less than that. I am planning on going to 4.5". What do I need? I was going to get...

Longer brake lines.
Quick disconnects for the front.
Either spacers, or new springs in the front.
New rear leaf packs, no aal.
Bar pin eliminators for the rear shocks. Front shocks should be good.

I was thinking about trying a t case drop, just until I can get a sye. Do you think I will get vibes with out the sye. I have shims in the rear and it was at 3.5" with the shims with out problems. If I add a 1" t-case drop and get the rear to 4.5" I would think it would work. Am I wrong?

Do I need to worry about the pitman arm? When do I need to get new upper control arms? I have RE LCAs already. Any think else I might be missing. Again this is mostly a temporary fix until I can do bigger things. I just want it to work right, with out any problems. Thanks for any help...

I have 3.5" springs, still sits at 3.5". Got them from a friend when he went bigger, might be RE but I am not sure. Everything else is stock up front with the exception of the RE LCAs, Rancho shocks, and the longer non disconnect sway bar links. I did trim the front fenders so I have a ton of room.

How big are "bigger tires?" Much more than 31s and you're going to want gears. And for anything less than 33s, I'd keep the 3.5" up front, and just bring the rear back up to match. (I'd probably try it with the 33s, but ymmv)

If you do go 4.5", the adj trackbar is a good idea, and definitely start saving every nickel for an sye.

The uca's are fine, at 4.5" you can start thinking about drop brackets. Rough Country just intro'd theirs, half the price of RE.

You don't want a drop pitman arm, unless you match it with a lowered trackbar mount.

Robert

Thanks, I think I have a good idea of what to do now. I will probably do the SYE and not have to worry about it later. I am on 32s now and probably will be for at least another year. Then I plan on 33s, gears, lockers, and long arm. But I just want it to work for me this summer and not do any damage. With the 32s I had to trim the front fenders to make them fit. I don't have a whole lot of up travel in the rear, not enough to take it off the pavement. I will be adding to the bump stops to help.

Back