• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap paint job

rowley65flip

NAXJA Forum User
the heep i just got wasnt lookin to hot so i decided to paint it. i went with a krylon camo green. I had to do some body work and weld in some new metal in the rear quarters because they had some big ol' rust holes. I also did some trimming while i was at it. And i still gotta paint the doors

after i sanded it all down:
rowley65flip

rowley65flip

rowley65flip

rowley65flip

after i got everything but the doors painted.
Before quarters and header panel were put on:
rowley65flip

rowley65flip

rowley65flip

after quarters and header panel were put on:
rowley65flip
rowley65flip

rowley65flip

rowley65flip

This whole paint job cost me arond $75 for primer and paint. I think it was well worth it compared to what it looked like (sorry i lost the before pics). I think i spent around $50 on metal but that was for the inside and out. I have to herc next. Do i need to do anything else? suggestions?

Last edited:
I use photobucket like a fiend, just click on the bar that says IMG code, and it should highlight. My computer automatically copies it to the clipboard. If yours doesn't, hold the "control" key and press the "c" key. Go when you are posting, just put your cursor where you want the pic, and hold "control" and press "v" key. :cheers:
Jeep008.jpg

the sanding took 5 or 6 days i think and i used a power sander. it sucked tho cuz i was covered in blue dust from head to toe

I sanded mine , I had purple snot for three days

the difference is amazing but i have 3 questions.

-how many primer cans
-how many krylon cans
-how many coats each

you brought back the urges in me to finish painting my POS hah

Hahah im doing olive drab And the white star every thing im even replacing the shifter with a grenade (its a automatic) hahahahahahhahaha Please do a good write up Cans of paint ect

yeah the snot thing sucks. i would blow my nose and all of this black stuff would come out and i even had a mask on when i would sand.

primer-8 cans but i could have used less. i covered everything till i couldnt see anything under the primer
krylon-7 cans for 2 coats but i still have to do the doors

I also have an old grenade i wanna use as the shifter (its and auto too) hahahaha. The hardest part of the whole paint job was painting the star. For mine i drew a 10 inch line then meassured a 72 dregree angle then drew another 10inch line following that angle etc. ect. untill i had a pentagon. then i taped from the top corner to the botom left up to the middle right then over to the middle left ect. ect. untill i had a star. Then i just cut out what i didnt want. Im really happy with the way everthing turned out and i made a huge difference from berore. Now i just gotta lift it and put some tires (and alot of other odds and ends) on her and she will be ready to go.....I hope

Back