• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft length questions

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
I know this topic has been covered a million times, but bare with me. A local guy is selling 2 tom wood shafts, front and rear. The rear is 33.5" and the front is 32.5"...both for $150. I have an SYE sitting in my room that i wont be able to put on for another month or so, so i can't really measure what length i'll need, but i'm hoping to get some input.

I have an 01 with RE3.5" lift...so its sitting a little bit higher than 3.5"; 8.25 rear. I'm just wondering if the length of the rear shaft would be ideal after the SYE. i know every jeep is different and i really need to measure to know exactly, but from those who have similar setups, what do you think?

$150 for 2 tom wood shafts is just too good of a deal to pass up, so i'm hoping it will work out. thanks for any help and i know its been covered a lot but i just want an answer to my specific question. thanks again.

not sure... i have the 242 and a H&T sye... different deal...

but i would say buy them if the shafts and joints are in good condition... if they don't fit- you may be able to resell at a profit... if you have the cash to do so.

just my take on it.

Measure right now from your tailend on tcase to your pinion yoke. As well as the front this will give you a rough idea of the length you have plus or minus the SYE. Then compare it to the driveshafts lengths, collapsed and extended. Then if you in the ballpark in comparison then I say get them, nothing else you can you can add a inch if need be, and if to long then just lift jeep higher.:clap:

Just my 2 cents, considering that would be a good deal on shafts.

Heck, I would buy them just for the deal alone. If I couldnt use them resell them for a profit.

Decided to buy them. Even if i have to get them lengthened or shortened i'd still end saving some money than if id buy em new. thanks for the help

Back