• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arb or Lockrite

themud

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so the question is moot I currently have a lockrite up front in my dana 30 with alloys and just went to 35s I also just picked up a arb for the dana 30 and want to know the lockrite will live happily with the 35s?? I can also put the arb in the wifes heep(shes currently open/open so that would be good) or if Im gonna a boom session with the front setup like then Ill put it in mine...

Those who have run it drop the advise for me dana 30 with a lockrite and 35s vs d30 with arb and 35s...
Oh yeah I do have a 2low kit for the tcase so that does help on the trail...
themud

I had a lockrite with 33's and it exploded. I now have 35's and ARB's and there is just no comparison for strength. If you have 35's, I would absolutely switch to the ARB. I full-throttle my ARB's in places I would only be gentle with my Lockrite. Switch it out.

Good luck!

Well thats great new except that now the guy finally counted the gears and guess what their 3.55 gears so I cant use the thing... Thats sucks... Back to driving gentle...
themud

I never broke my lockright on 34" heavy bias tires with beadlocks, a few shafts, but never the lockright. Held up for 2 years until I sold the axles.

Back