• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just installed a front tube bumper and have a couple questions??

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so i just installed a front tube bumper on my jeep and have a couple questions.

first off i wasnt able to get all 3 bolts on each mounting braket in..just didnt fit, so i have 3 on one side and 1 on the other

also there is some sort of cylinder thing with vacume hoses on it, i think it might be a charcol filter, what do i do with that? i was thinking of just zapstrapping it on there or something? any suggestions?

and now it looks kinda weird behind the bumper does anyone have any suggestions to what i can do to make it look better?

thanks

i would add a pic but dont know how

take the cylinder, disconnect the vacuum line and put it up by the heater core (if you are standing in front, looking under the hood, it would be all the way back and to the left. plenty of room). Then run the vacuum line back up to it. Don't even need a zip tie. That is what I did when I cut my fenders.

The cylinder thing is your vacuum canister. It allows your cruise control to work, vents to switch between panel, heat(floor), and defrost, and probably some other things. There's many ways people have relocated it. One guy opened the panel where the wipers sit and put it in there, many just zip tie to something inside the engine bay out of the way.

Back