• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this sye??

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
So Im in the process of stock pileing parts for my build. So far I have my kit (RE6130),shims(2 and 4 degree sets due to not knowing which will work better),all new factory bolts and nuts, and new coil isolators. Now all I want to get before I start are my tires 31-33's idk which yet, and my sye and drive shaft. so my question is....has anyone heard of the brand Omix-Ada when dealing with syes??? I was looking a the AA and tom woods combo but if possable I want to get my sye/CV for under $500 but I dont want to do a hack in tap. I have a 93 4.0 5spd with the np231. Im guessing this brand is to good to be true because its only like a 160.00. heres the link and yes I noticed the (photos may differ ) part. http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/71505

If this is a POS sye can anyone recoment some sites that sell quility stuff at an afordable price??? thanks for the help.

omix makes most the parts for most the standard SYE's on the market. It's nothing special, but it is a good standard sye kit.

I got a AA HD SYE and HAD shaft from Dirk at DPG for around $450. Give him a call.

dose anyone know if the Porc syes are american made? im kinda into keeping my money in country.

IntrepidXJ said:
no, they are not

Well thats no good, but I see your not to far just on the other side of the airport. Do you happen to know any places with good prices on bfg's? Maybe a place that will price match or give a better price with cash vs. check or credit??

tera's the only kit that has more american made parts than jap parts and you're going to pay for that one (no better than the others unless you go with the Ultra Short Shaft kit $$$), AA, Tom woods, Omix, Porc ect... all have at least a few contents that are foreign made, just the nature of the beast.

Yeah I know, but you never know sometimes you get lucky and can get american at a reasonable price...guess not in this case but thats ok. What are your(everyone whos running them) opinions on the AA vs. Porc or omnix?? thank you for your thoughts. tim

Back