• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Explanation of lift components

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, I am looking for a book or website that breaks down and explains the different parts and functions of lift kits and any related info. Figured I should understand it all before I put one together. I have seen the book that 4wd and other sites sell for the XJ, just dont' want to shell out the 25 bucks if it's not what I am looking for.

TIA

Doug

Take a look at RE's website www.rubiconexpress.com , they break down all the individual parts (I just noticed the site is down right now though....:dunno:)
. Then, if you need to, search for those parts to see what they relate to.

This will greatly help with your searching if you haven't seen it http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349

Consider buying the "high performance Jeep Cherokee builders guide" which gives a good rundown of the basics for '84-'01 models - I think I saw it on Amazon for $16. You can easily drop a few hundred $$$$ into a lift so spend a couple bucks up front to learn what you need. This manual will even pay for itself if you do some of the recommended upgrades from junkyard parts.

that is the book that I was asking about and as for the search although it helps with one word searches, when you try a phrase, it breaks the phrase up and searches for individual words, which greatly increases the wrong threads, maybe I'm just dumb, which I have never ruled out

thanks

doug

I agree with what's already been said about eric zappe's book, every XJ enthusiaist should have a copy. Wish it had more on the cooling system though, the one aspect of my XJ that has let me down a couple times.

I ordered the book from amazon, it'll be a lot nicer to have the book in front of me to compare with the pics, instead of running in and out of the house looking at the computer,

thanks for all the answers.

doug

Back