• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 XJ heating problems =[

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
my heater doesnt turn on at all. so i checked the fuse boxes... i pretty much had to check every fuse on there because there was so many different wiring diagrams. i dont have any experience with heaters so what are the steps to trouble shooting them? do the switches go out often? thanks for your help im in germany right now freezin my butt off =P

So you're referring to the blower motor then? If the fuses look good, there's a resistor pack that controls the speed of the blower. Search for that. If that's OK, maybe the blower's bad. You can pull it out from inside the engine bay.

a quick check is to turn it on high and give the blower motor a good rap w/a hammer handle. if it starts spinning you need a motor.

ill give it a shot thanks

are there any fusable links involved?

Try running 12 volts directly to the blower motor and see if it works. If motor is good, it should run on HIGH. If it doesn't run directly wired, then you know that your blower motor is toast. If it does run, then you've got some more snooping to do....

Back