• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

383 in my xj

XJcrazy

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided to do another V8 swap in my latest XJ, First I bought a Ram Jet 350 for a deal and decided to sell it and run with the cash. Then I obtained an LT1 ( it was supposed to be an LS1 ) pretty cheap and decided the miles of wiring harness was more of a nightmare than anything else, which brings me to the current motor in the garage. A brand new in the crate 425hp ZZ383 Stroker. I cant believe Im about to say this but I think it might be to much... this is coming from a person who thinks you can NEVER have too much horse power... I must be getting old... My thoughts are it might twist my XJ like you twist a soda can in half..lol Anyone else got this much power in a XJ? Any advice.... PS, if there are any LT1 lovers out there I have a super clean low mile motor in the garage...

P3060005.jpg

PS... No laughing at my BIG tires! I got them for a deal and they to good on the highway... I normally run 33 or 35,s

I tried selling the LT1 Vette motor locally but I think its too high tech for me and the rest of the red necks around here. Of course , you can put a different intake and carb on it... but its only good for 320hp at that point.... I tried posting it and a transfer case for sale but for some reason it wont let me,, I dont know if NAXJA put that 100 post min on their classified section like other do.. I have sold stuff on here before but cant now. I only want twelve hundred for the motor. I have the computer, the harness, everything. Ebay was my next option.. they seem to bring close to 2k on there... So, does anyone else have a big HP V8 in there truck...... my last XJ had about 310 at the crank... which I guess to be 250 at the wheels... But Im talking 350-380 at the wheels..
I have HD axles and u joints.... hmmmm

I feel underpowered now with my little 5.2 in mine :bawl: .

Maybe I should build up the magnum or I guess I could swap in the 360 too.

So far I got a stock motor with a CAI, trottle body spacer and High flow exhaust. It seems to be enough for me right now. I can't think of what it would be like to have another 200 Hp.

Great video's, Thats pretty much what Im going after.... I sure like the coil over set up he had on the front end...

Yes, Advanced adapters makes motor mounts for the swap. Im working with Ron Davis to do a NICE radiator that will handle the heat and mount in the factory location.... Needs to be thick with 2 or 3 electric fans...

Below is my last xj before I parted it out.... it had a 350 with a Turbo 350 3spd trans... it just sucked the go juice on the highway... I need low RPM,s at 70mph It was fun though!!! I never got pics of it with the cage in it unfortunatly, It was a work of art, looked awsome!

adamstruck005.jpg

000_0101.jpg

XJcrazy said:
Great video's, Thats pretty much what Im going after.... I sure like the coil over set up he had on the front end...

Yes, Advanced adapters makes motor mounts for the swap. Im working with Ron Davis to do a NICE radiator that will handle the heat and mount in the factory location.... Needs to be thick with 2 or 3 electric fans...

Below is my last xj before I parted it out.... it had a 350 with a Turbo 350 3spd trans... it just sucked the go juice on the highway... I need low RPM,s at 70mph It was fun though!!! I never got pics of it with the cage in it unfortunatly, It was a work of art, looked awsome!

adamstruck005.jpg

000_0101.jpg

I have been looking for a pic of your Jeep for a long time. I saw it before but couldn't find the pic again. I gotta ask you: where did yo ufind that hood?

XJcrazy, do you recall the part number for the upper radiator hose? I tried many, and never found one that was remotely correct. Yours (on the MJ) looks good.
Sure appreciate your digging that number up.

it was an XJ with the back half sawed off, not an MJ but thats ok,, As far as the number I have no clue... I remember when I got it I stood in front of about 200 hoses and I picked out that one.... It just seemed to have all the proper bends in all the appropriate places..lol good luck bubba

i have a 350 in my xj and am taking out my 5speed to put a turbo 350 in. In that cut up xj pic i see some kind of headers. PLEASE tell me what you got to fit! Cuz i need some. also did you use the advance adapter motor mounts too?? I have to buy a new set, mine are about to break off. My fault tho, not workmanship problems...

jk333 said:
I have been looking for a pic of your Jeep for a long time. I saw it before but couldn't find the pic again. I gotta ask you: where did yo ufind that hood?

Usbody make the hood and it is just from fibreglass and has a 3" cowl.
Personally I prefer my all steel with 2". http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoBonnet.htm

yeah, I used Advanced Adapters motor mounts as I will again except Im going to replace the rubber bushings with solid aluminum....

to the hood guy, its to bad you didnt catch me about a month or two ago, that hood sat in my garage for a year before I sold it to some kid for 200 bucks..

Back