• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lock right locker in dana 30

JUSTCRAWLIN92

NAXJA Forum User
So i just installed a lock right in my front dana 30, Have had it in there for about a week. Have and no problems but i just started looking at the front tires the past two days and the inside edges are wearing. I have maxxies mud tarrains on the xj and very other lug is wearing. The alignment is good i do a alignment every year or so. Has anyone ran in to this problem.

i had my bfg A/t's do that to me turned out to be worn shocks

check your ball joints too...sounds like you're camber is off, or your toe-in is a little too much.

Unless you are running 4WD all the time, which you shouldn't be, the Lockrite will not wear out your front tires. The locker is automatic and won't engage unless you engage 4WD OR pick up some torque somewhere else, like in maybe a really tight turn or something. When the locker engages you'll know and feel it, first it will chatter and "chirp" a lot, and secondly turning and movement will feel completely different with that extra wheel engaged.

Rear autolockers are a little bit different and you usually feel those more often than fronts, especially in tight turns and under more load in the back.

Hey justcrawling92. I have noticed the same with mine. I got the same replies you did. But there is nothing else wrong with my Jeep. Also the lockright is engaged all the time. It slips when needed. Unless you have one that is not shimmed correctly.
I posted this same question and every one said there is some thing else wrong but I cant fine it and the axle is not bent either. Ball joints are fine.

gixer said:
Hey justcrawling92. I have noticed the same with mine. I got the same replies you did. But there is nothing else wrong with my Jeep. Also the lockright is engaged all the time. It slips when needed. Unless you have one that is not shimmed correctly.
I posted this same question and every one said there is some thing else wrong but I cant fine it and the axle is not bent either. Ball joints are fine.

The lockright is not engaged all the time (it shouldn't be). It is engaged only when power is applied to the front axle, which is when you put it in 4wd. The rear lockers are engaged all the time because the rear powers the vehicle in 2wd.

JUSTCRAWLIN92 said:
So i just installed a lock right in my front dana 30, Have had it in there for about a week. Have and no problems but i just started looking at the front tires the past two days and the inside edges are wearing. I have maxxies mud tarrains on the xj and very other lug is wearing. The alignment is good i do a alignment every year or so. Has anyone ran in to this problem.

What is your alignment set to and when was the last time you did it or had it aligned? How are you wheel bearings? When was the last time you balanced your tires?

how many miles are on the tires? When is the last time you rotated them?

just because you do your alignment every year or so doesn't mean it's good. if you go wheeling or hit a curb the second you leave the alignment shop, there is a good chance that it might be out of wack again.

and not rotating tires enough will make the outer edge "feather". which is every other lug being unevenly raised.

Thanks for all your replys i have checked everything from ball joints wheel bearings shocks tire pressure and just did my alignment i work in a shop so i know how all this things work. But i dont know everthing. Im still thinking its got to have something to do with the locker. I bought this locker used so im thinking it could be the springs are done and need replaced. The only time i can hear or feel the locker ratchet is in parking lots pulling in to a place or making u turns. I dont thing its ratcheting other then that. so from the pressure and when making turns your tires lean in or out and is making the tires wear on the inside edges.

Back