• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy bushings

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm starting to get a wobble. Not death wobble yet, but I think I should change the front suspension bushings when I go down to tighten everything. I'm guessing in the dry desert heat has had it's way with a couple. From what I've read I think I'll stick with rubber. Anyone have a recommendation for where to buy quality for a decent price?

You can get them from most any local auto parts store for a good price, but I usually order them online from rockauto.com unless I need them right away. Rockauto seems to stock the Spicer and Moog brands, who's quality I trust, while the AutoZone brand is kind of an unknown (who knows, maybe they are all made at the same factory).

I'm diggin the poly bushings. I got Daystar from Quadratec.
3 of 4 arms done and I feel a huge improvement one more upper to do.(PIA)
No more header bashing by drive shaft

I've had poly in the rear for a year, well lubed with syn. chassis grease.
I'll take a little creaking, popping of bushings which I havent experienced and can't be any worse than the creaking, cracking, and popping XJ already has.
Front axle was biggest improvement
The ride quality has greatly improved, very solid, can handle corners at 40+ now.

For the plush ride I'd go rubber
But I'm diggin the poly

Last edited:
Another vote for poly bushings. Down here is south Tx the heat and caliche eats rubber bushings in no time.
But the polys are doing fine after two years.

Back