• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

modifying new tnt track bar

Char-Broil

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my new track bar from tnt. i ordered the 4-6" from jeepinoutfitters.com. when i opened it the frame end of the bar had "6+" written in sharpie on the end. i started installing it anyway, but it is too long. i am running 4.5" PORC coils up front and i measure 13" from top of axle tube to bottom of frame rail. i installed the bar without the jam nut to see how close i could get it and it is close, but my alignment is about 1/4" off and there isn't room for the jam nut. i would see about exchanging the bar with TNT, but i really need it for this weekend and it is my DD so i'd like to modify it if i can safely do so. i was thinking of grinding down the jam nut about 1/8-1/4", and shaving about 1/4-3/8" off of the frame end "sleeve", the end that the jam nut tightens to. my other "quick" option is to add 2" poly spacers (which i have) to the front end. the front does sit a little lower than the back, and i could remove the coil isolaters so i only gain about 1.5" max from the spacers. what would you do?

Put the spacers in, your going to want to make it taller some day anyway :)

Back