• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal/hazard problems

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well i am trying to get my xj on the road so i can park my truck to save on gas. The only problem i am having is the driver side front turn signal. All the other turn signals and hazards work except for the driver front. I have searched around and read about making sure that it is grounded and everything. Can someone tell me where the ground would be at for it? Also, on the headlight harness under the air box, there is one wire coming from the main vehicle harness that looks like it should go into the plug but there isn't a pin in the plug for it. Does anybody know what this wire should go to. And i also have another little plug that is tied into the headlight wiring harness that i don't know where it should go. If anybody has any idea on how to help me fix this that would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

I believe the one plug goes to fog lights. What color is the single wire. I am betting it is the one I told you about. It is hard to see but it should plug into the large socket. It is probubly corroded off though. Post a pic?

The bulb grounds in the socket of the pigtail. They are bad about corroding. The last one I replaced I got at AutoZone and cost about $3....then just cut the old off and splice the new on.

Would changing out the pigtail make the turn signals work? I have still got running lights all the way around, they just don't blink on the drivers front when the turn signal is pushed. All i need to do is make them blink when the signal is pushed. Everything else is working except that.

Mcnamaag - the wire is black and red. Looks like it goes into the plug but there isn't a pin on the plug for it.

the wire could be your turn signal light signal wire. but could be an internal short in the socket or the filament could be out on the bulb you are using. are you sure you have the correct bulb in?

Also look under your air filter box. There is a main wire harness plug that all your front lights go to. I'd be willing to bet your problem is at the plug there. If not then it could be the socket or the bulb is bad try using it on the passenger side to be sure it's not the bulb. Use your multimeter and see if you have power to the socket.

Jeepguy91 said:
Would changing out the pigtail make the turn signals work? I have still got running lights all the way around, they just don't blink on the drivers front when the turn signal is pushed. All i need to do is make them blink when the signal is pushed. Everything else is working except that.

Mcnamaag - the wire is black and red. Looks like it goes into the plug but there isn't a pin on the plug for it.

I will check the scem in a bit but if I remember correctly that IS the turn sign wire.

Well i tried to get the turn signal working today by running the cut off wire into where it looks like it was and still nothing. I am still stumped why everything else works except the drivers front? If anybody has anymore ideas let me know.

Back