• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First Cherokee

T3hk1w1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, I just got my first XJ, and after a few days of driving it, and a few more days of browsing this forum, I've decided to join and introduce myself. Please bear with me if any of my questions are too noobish.
I'm Texan, a college student currently on hiatus from the academic world, and this is my 2nd jeep. The first Jeep is a '67 C101 Jeepster-Commando that I have spent about 3 years restoring. It is street-legal and has about 93,000 miles on it, about 3,500 of which I put on it. Now to the XJ. About a week ago I was in Houston visiting my parents, and I saw a white XJ for sale, so I got it. It is a 2000 XJ, 4dr Sport edition. Auto trans, 4WD, 4.0L, Dana 35 rear(No ABS). Dad was nice enough to get new tires for it-I came home to Houston to pick it up(It was out of inspection when I got it, so I had to wait a week before I could come back and pick it up) and found a set of 225/75/R15 BFG A/Ts on it. I also got a class 3 hitch installed by Uhaul so I can tow my Jeepster.
Anyway, I had a few questions and comments.
First off, is there anything in particular that I need to check on this truck? I have already replaced the air filter, oil(including oil filter), tires, and checked all fluids, bushings, etc.
Yesterday I tried to install a kill switch following the directions on www.projectxj.com, however the gas tank wiring is different on my jeep-it has 4 wires instead of 3-can anyone tell me which of these is the positive lead for the fuel pump?
I was also wondering if Chiltor makes a manual for the 99-02 XJs-the only Chilton manual I could find was for the 86-98 XJ. I got a Haynes manual for it, but it's kinda vague in places.

Do check your casting number of the head. If it is a 0331 casting number be sure to not allow the engine to overheat and check that no oil and coolant has been mixing. I've ony have heard of this problem when it was overheated, as far as your kill switch wiring I cannot help you there sorry.

Back