• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent frame rail

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
so i just picked up an 89 cherokee a week ago and it was in an accdent he told me the frame rail was bent in the rear i was wondering what should i do take it to a shop? or try to straighten it by myself?

Straightening a uniframe/unibody is difficult and can be expensive (don't really know how one would go about it. Have it checked out by a body shop (they do free estimates).

ParadiseXJ said:
Straightening a uniframe/unibody is difficult and can be expensive (don't really know how one would go about it. Have it checked out by a body shop (they do free estimates).

alright cool thanks for the help man

Hook up a chain to the rail, then to a tree, and get a running start, hahaha. No really though, you'll need to either use lots of heat on the area along with a hammer, or find a lower priced body shop (Theres not too many) with a frame puller. Its a big jig with a chain system, its kinda pricey becuase of all the components that might need to be removed to get at the rail.

Back