• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Question

Aaron21

NAXJA Forum User
Advise on Lift

I am currently running 31 inch tires on my XJ with the RE 4.5inch lift. I looking to run 35 inch tires and am looking for a lift between 5.5 and 7.5 inches. I am wondering what kind of lift people are running with 35's. Also I am wondering if anyone is running a T&T Customs Y-Link lift and if they like it.

Thanks for you help

Last edited:
im runnin 35x13.50s with a 6.5 inch rustys lift and 2 inch spacers, everything is right about where you want it the tires arent stuffed but you they are still in the fenders. i highly suggest getting the HD rustys trac bar or one similar. i had the non HD one on and it broke within 2 weeks and never made it to any decent trails.also runnin 35's you are more than likely going to want to re-gear. i got 4.56s and its pretty quick for a 4wd minivan.

redneckguy0404 said:
im runnin 35x13.50s with a 6.5 inch rustys lift and 2 inch spacers, everything is right about where you want it the tires arent stuffed but you they are still in the fenders. i highly suggest getting the HD rustys trac bar or one similar. i had the non HD one on and it broke within 2 weeks and never made it to any decent trails.also runnin 35's you are more than likely going to want to re-gear. i got 4.56s and its pretty quick for a 4wd minivan.
6.5'' is plenty for 35s. Dont get Rustys track bar.

Use the search. Welcome to NAXJA!

slcpunk74 said:
Can o worms.

can-of-worms.jpg

Yes it is.

Anyways, don't take this as me being an a$$, but take this as me trying to help you from getting even MORE confused than you are now. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!! Lots of people run 35s on the lift you have currently and I'd tell you not to go higher but to throw them on now. A 32 or 33" tire is the more common size for the 4.5 lift but alot of people run 35s and I've seen one guy on here who runs 37's and still has his fenders. It's all going to come down to how much YOU want to cut and bumpstop and what YOU want to use your Jeep for. Just spend a little time and search to see what YOU think YOU will like and get a feel of the pros/cons of the different tire/lift combos. Believe me, it's all out there.

Re: Advise on Lift

Aaron21 said:
I am currently running 31 inch tires on my XJ with the RE 4.5inch lift. I looking to run 35 inch tires and am looking for a lift between 5.5 and 7.5 inches. I am wondering what kind of lift people are running with 35's. Also I am wondering if anyone is running a T&T Customs Y-Link lift and if they like it.

Thanks for you help

My XJs on 35s w/ a bastard lift. Im running T&T y-link arms, RE 7.5 coils, Rustys 6.5 leafs, long travel shocks, and JKS shackles.
Im pritty happy w/ the t&t y-link, but my front end dives really bad. I dont know if its the 180 lbs spring rate on the RE coils + winch and bumper or if its purely the geometry of the long arm.

My junk wraps up pritty good and still handles excellent on the street.
6-1.jpg

flex1.jpg

Back