• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is anybody running a Pass. Side Drop with a trackbar?

jakec

NAXJA Forum User
I've done quite a bit of searching and can't come up with any answers. I need to know if anyone has gone to a pass. side drop and not converted to leafs. I am wondering where you placed the axle side trackbar mount. I'm thinking I will be able to rotate it forward of my coil buckets and it will then clear the diff cover, but seeing some pics of someone else's setup would help a lot. So far, the only examples of a pass. side drop I can find are leaf sprung.

In case you are wondering, I am in the planning stages of a SBC350/TH350/205 swap. I will be swapping in Scout II 44's, front and rear. Why? Because I already have all the components, minus the 205, and it sounds like fun. I will be getting the axles inside today, and starting to strip them down. The only thing hanging me up right now, is the best way to run the trackbar.

I haven't crawled under mine to look but, can you unbolt the frame mount and swap it to the pass. side putting the axle mount on the driver side?

I did, it's not really that hard.

DSCN5067.JPG

As long as you have a hi-steer drag link you can clear it pretty easily.

Then you get to do fun stuff inside as well...

n24800499_32008622_794.jpg

n24800499_32014464_7627.jpg

Check the Pictures section for BRIANHO13's build, he's doing something similar too.

vetteboy,

Thank-you!! That is exactly what I wanyed to see. Do you have a link to your build pics? I'll check out BrianHO13's as well.

igocommando,
The trackbar and draglink forming an "X" would not be so pretty:twak:

Eh, not really...I used to but all the pictures died a year and a half ago.

If there's something specific you're wondering about I might be able to dig them out of the archives somewhere...

maybe a pic from laying under the rear driveshaft pointing towards the front of the truck, or any underside pictures.

i fell into a great deal on some chevy 1tons, closed knuckles, so i'm gonna run em.

thanks for being helpful bro, i just want to get an idea of what i'm tearing into on my daily driver here.

Closed knuckles....:puke:

i fell into a great deal on some chevy 1tons, closed knuckles, so i'm gonna run em.

So how much did the guy pay you to take 'em away? :passgas:

mscans said:
thanks for being helpful bro, i just want to get an idea of what i'm tearing into on my daily driver here.

Well, daily driver it ain't, but here's some old shots during mockup...

DSC01139.JPG

DSC01133.JPG

DSC01617.JPG

Back