• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superwinch

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a used NIB superwinch the owner had only "fiddled" with. Originally hooked up incorrectly and arced at the battery. (Long story I didn't check wiring under the cover.) Anyways trying to diagnose the problem I have 12V to the forward and reverse posts coming off the solenoids when switched. When disconnected from motor the solenoids make an audible click like their supposed to however when connected to the motor....nothing from anywhere. My theory is the motor got welded when arced OR the solenoids are fried and only noticable when put under load. I was hoping you guys had more experience with winch problems. Any help is appreciated.

Well can you tell me what model you have? and if its internal or external soileoid pack. Engage the freespool, run power directly to the motor, see is it operates, if not, then you have motor issues, let me know is your motor turns and the model and i will do my best to get you sorted out

Back