• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick spacer question

AZ XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been out of the scene for a while so excuse how lame this question is...
I've got sagging 4.5" Rusty's coils on my XJ, and I need to bring the front end back up so it sits level again, and gets all my geometry back into spec. Do spring spacers actually provide the advertised amount of lift? More specifically, will the RE1334 1.5" spacers level me out? I'd say I'm sagging between 1-2". I know the stock isolators are good for something like 1/2" right?

yes, they do - a 1.5" spacer is 1.5" thick poly. the poly is pretty stiff so it doesn't "squish" very much, if at all, under load. the rubber isolaters eventually squish out - but yeah, a new rubber one is good for about 1/2".

HTH

Thanks for the info! Now, if the front end sits too high with the isolator installed and I have to remove it, will the harder poly material of the spacer make any noise against the upper spring mount as the suspension flexes?

If you are running spacers you can take out the factory isolator or run multiple isolators. My XJ had three on each side plus a 2" spacer and worked fine for years. Mix and mach to taste.

Or get the adjustable coil over spacers. ACos is what they call them so search if that's your bag but I want them they just aren't so cheap but I hate using spring compressors

Back