• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front Ds in RR

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
My 5spd '96 XJ is up thanks to a RC6.5. :D I have yet to drive it off road due to no SYE installed yet. I sourced a front DS from an early 90's 4.0/aw4/XJ. I need to measure for the modding of the front drive shaft. From the rear axle's yoke center to the yoke on the SYE it would seem that 2.5" would need to be added. I measured this with the t-case drop (1") installed. Should this 1" drop affect the DS length much?:wierd: Does anyone have this set up who could measure theirs? Thanks

First...Search

Second...Source one from a ZJ, certain ones are longer.

or you can always have the DS you found lengthened....

JNickel101 said:
First...Search

Second...Source one from a ZJ, certain ones are longer.

or you can always have the DS you found lengthened....
I did search. Most of the stuff I found was regarding auto trannies not standards. I have no problem legthening the one I have but want to get a correct measurement. W/ or w/o the t-case lowering in place.
As far as the ZJ front shaft. I was on the phone with just about every scrap yard in the 3 surrounding provinces with little help or success. The front AW4 DS idea, I got from NAXJA searches. :compwork: I just figured that this would be the place to get the right info. Thanks for your reply though

I did mine with my t case lowering blocks still on and have not taken them off after my sye.I don't think that one inch will matter but get stranger things have happened and sorry I have an auto so I don't know about manuals

Well, until you put in the SLE, all measurements are a guess.

1" does seem to make a bit of difference. Can't help you on the stick, but in my 89 w/ 5.5 RE lift and a D44 in back, a front shaft fir great in the rear.

I wanted to have the shaft built before I put in the SYE. This is my DD and don't want to be laid up for days waiting for the shaft. I think that I'll take out the t-case lowering kit too once the SYE is in. Once this gets settled, Tires are next

Back