• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deteriorated tube, dealer only part?

Maz

NAXJA Forum User
What is this tube called and is it a dealer only part? I checked a couple of chain part stores and they didn't carry it. Where else can I get it from and what's the part number, if anyone knows?

Thanks

v62goz.jpg

that appears to be the tube that comes off of the valve cover and into the air box. You should be able to cut the cracked protion off and still route it to the airbox. I am not sure what the OEM name is for it.....but you can get a piece of rubber hose and route it just the same. I have done that on a few of my XJ's

the simple fix is a piece of copper pipe and two 90* elbows routed to a normal non molded hose.
and that is part of the CCV system, the dealer can look it up and get it.

If I remember correctly that goes up to the valve cover. Check with Napa, they can get you the entire ccv system at a fraction of the cost of dealer. Sorry but I dont remember the parts numbers. As others said though... just use some fuel or coolant hose, cut the plastic tube off on the valve cover slide new rubber over it and then on to that nipple.

Thanks all for the replies. 1989, 4.0L, it was my bad for not mentioning it.

Quick Q on searching for part numbers on the net. When Chrysler lists part numbers as '4 digit' space '3 or 4 digit', how do you enter the number in google or other on-line retailers' search area? Exactly as is, or eliminate the space, or add a zero where the space is. I have seen them in all 3 formats. It's very confusing and frustrating trying to find part numbers and check for availability with on-line retailers.

Thanks again

Back