• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thrust Washer wear ?

xjjk

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to aussie-fye my front axle and after reading the instructions, started worrying that maybe the thrust washers, so uber-important to the properly functioning aussie, may be worn out on my 220,000 mile rig. Since I know nothing about thrust washers I thought I'd ask here- what are the chances they're still good, and if chances are they're worn out, where can I get them so I have them on hand when I do the install? I HATE leaving a job part done leaving me with a disabled jeep.
Thanks.
Ed

I got the washers from the dealer when I re-geared the front axle,I did not install a locker,but did change to a new carrier. At that many miles I would be worried about the wear in the carrier not the washers.

Wayne

Lol I'd have piece of mind before with new washers, but now I'm going to worry about the carrier!! Lol thrust washers are a dealer item?

Lol I'd have peace of mind before with new washers, but now I'm going to worry about the carrier!! Lol thrust washers are a dealer item?

I am replacing spider gears with a locker that recommends replacement of the side gear thrust washers on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee with the 8.25 Chrysler RE. I bought the thrust washer kit from a dealer but there are 4 different sizes. What size washer should I use?
The kit came with .032, .037,.042 and .047

Back