• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar Fab or other ideas

m0n3ym1k3y

NAXJA Forum User
im at 3 in of lift now on my 89 waggy limited. i want to add 2 more inches of lift and end up with 5 so from my indepth reading i have found that a trac bar is needed but im poor and my dad wants me to make one so what would the measurements be or anyone got one for sale cheap? as of yesterday i finshed my 3 inch rough country aal and want to go higher.

traylor4x4 said:
Man I'm new here as well but not new to wheeling and if you have to ask that ? you should not be fabbing a track bar,have you looked around for a cheap used one?

Well, he did say his Dad was making it....but the same would hold true for him as well.

Just remember that little trackbar holds your life in it's hands! Failures aren't pretty for you, or anyone around you!

Now, if your Dad is an experienced fabricator/welder, you should have him make it adjustable. Otherwise, you will need a new one if/when you change your setup again.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
Well, he did say his Dad was making it....but the same would hold true for him as well.

Just remember that little trackbar holds your life in it's hands! Failures aren't pretty for you, or anyone around you!

Now, if your Dad is an experienced fabricator/welder, you should have him make it adjustable. Otherwise, you will need a new one if/when you change your setup again.

"and my dad wants me to make one...":looser:

But to answer your question, you are better off just getting rough country's trac bar at JC Whitney for $92 and save your self time and money in the end. It's good for 6.5" so if you had a inch later you won't have to make a new trac bar.

MiNi Beast said:
"and my dad wants me to make one...":looser:

:doh:

Note to self...drink more coffee and read before posting on NAXJA in the mornings!

I have a black diamond and a custom bracket (looks like a KOR) that I'm selling. $40 for the TB and $30 for the bracket. Plus shipping from 49330. I know the advanced fab guys make theirs but I wouldn't unless you really know what you are doing. Critical part!!

Back