• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Power to Reverse lights (not NSS)

BBeach

NAXJA Forum User
Not seeing any reverse lights when transmission is in reverse. I checked to see if they were getting power and its 0 volts, 0 amps, etc. However there was continuity between the positive and ground terminals where the bulb plugs in. I had sylvania 3157 in there (rect plug) even though oem specs an 1156 (round bottom). Any ideas as to why there isnt power being sent to the reverse lights? One possibility I was thinking, and I'll check tomorrow, is possibly that the ecu side of the nss connector might have the red wire pulled out just slightly. Any comments/advice is appreciated.

Try disconnecting the nss from the harness and jumping the corresponding pins and see if the lights come on then.

Jess said:
Try disconnecting the nss from the harness and jumping the corresponding pins and see if the lights come on then.
Yeah, I forgot to post that in this thread but it might be in my other NSS one. I did that and still nothing. So i'm gonna test the reverse lights in park and see if there's continuity, then ill backprobe the ecu side of the nss connector for continuity while "jump" the plug side in reverse. Im a little lost :dunno:

Back