• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE HD track bar with Heim

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Has anyone converted the johnny joint end of the RE HD track bar to a heim joint and if so what size hiem and miss alignment washers did you use to fit the HD bracket. I also have the non heavy duty RE track bar collecting dust and it looks like it would be easier to convert that one. Any info would be great

Thanks.

Just drill it out to 5/8", buy some mis-alignment spacers from spidertrax, and cut them to appropriate size. IMHO, you hardly need any mis-alignment in that part anyway.

Use a 3/4" shank heim with a 5/8" bore. Most 3/4" tubing inserts fit into 1" ID tubing, which is what the RE trackbar is made of.

CRASH

Thanks crash I believe that the heim on my non HD track bar is 3/4"bore sleeved down to 5/8" and I still have the miss alignment washers from that so I should be able to use all that same hardware correct????

Back