• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 codes

jcshaney

NAXJA Forum User
here's the story my jeep for the last 60,000 miles has given randon 02 senser codes . the ones that were in today when i checked was po135,po138,po141.. witch if memory servs heater circiut malfunction for each and high voltage for the down stream o2 I have changed them several times from deffernt stores to try to eleminate a brand problem. no change. I think the fuel milage is low and when I let it sit and idle for more than a couple of min. it act like a craburated engine loading up. rev it hard to cleaar it out than it idles fine for a while. if you keep moving down the road and dont let it idle it runs just fine. I just tuned it up last weekend plugs wires cap and rotor. plugs were fuel fooled black and changed the 02s again had the codes cleared ran fine for a week or so today back to same problem. i have cleaned all the grounds under the hood I could find. check the fuel pres. it was in range acording to mitchels manual 44-54 but the needle bounced very fest between 48-52. went to local pick and pull got a differnt fuel pump modual this one bounces very fast from45-55. 98 xj 160;--- miles ax15 4.0
any ideas
jamie

What does your temp usually sit at while idling? Does it seem to shift fine, instead of late or early? If the needle was bouncing one or more of your injectors could be opening too far.

the temp 200-210 the trans is a ax-15 5speed so it shift fine. should the fuel presure flucuate like this? how would i tell if the injector is opening to far?

P0135 and P0141check the heater power circuit...fuse F24 in PDC...supplies 12 volts to both 02 sensor heater
O2 HEATER ELEMENT
O2 SENSOR HEATER GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN​

P0138 code
O2 SENSOR OPERATION
O2 SENSOR SIGNAL SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
O2 SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO O2 HEATER RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT
O2 SENSOR SIGNAL OPEN​
O2 SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN

the pdc that is on the pass side inerfender correct? looks like it my be a ground problem were do these ground trought/ how do I check the circiut for ground?

Back