• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat belt problems

2jeepdrivers

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 94' Xj and the guy gave me the complete interior out of a 98' for it because the interior that was in it was trashed. My problem is I can't get the seat belts to unlock and that is a very important part to a seatbelt since if they don't unlock I can't put them on. If any body has any idea's on how to get them unlocked let me know, it was on a wreck and I did't know if that would make them lock up to where I couldn't get them to reel out.

They're probably siezed up from the wreck. If you've got the full interior out of a 98 then just remove the belts and replace with the other's.

I would not use seatbelts from a wrecked vehicle. They usualy are one time use after a wreck they are trashed. I would not risk my life on some used seatbelts IMO.

The seatbelts are out of the 98' it is the one that was wrecked. I think I got them to work, I took the cover off of the side and they were really dirty and it wasn't letting the little tab disengage from the gear, I cleaned it all up and they seem to work right now.

derrickdrew17 said:
I would not use seatbelts from a wrecked vehicle. They usualy are one time use after a wreck they are trashed. I would not risk my life on some used seatbelts IMO.

SPOBI!

One time use? No effing way. Ask any body shop guy how many seatbelts he's replaced because a vehicle was in an accident. He'll probably tell you none unless some firefighter or EMT cut the belts to get a person out. I'm not sure where you heard that one, but it's total BS.

Back