• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

almost figured it out! little help

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so my 89' laredo xj's power windows/door locks recently went out. i tried to take my doors off, chopped the wiring, just to find out there's a harness plug behind the kick panel. so i spliced all the wires backt ogether that i chopped and now my windows only work from driver controls. if im rolling a window down or up thats not mine and the passenger clicks their button, it stops the window. then if they let go it'll roll up/down. so its like their switch cancels out mine or something. now my question is, is it because the wiring is chopped like i should get a new harness? or could it be cause i cut my keyless entry wires and spliced my cb into one of them and taped up the others?

The window switches are wired in series so if you move a window with the driver switch, then flip the door switch, it breaks the circuit.

There is a safety lockout switch in the driver door that cuts power to the other doors. Check it out and make sure it has continuity when the switch is "off".

Windows.jpg

Last edited:
Back