• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upgrading front brakes???

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so I just took apart my brakes on my 89 jeep cherokee to replace the ujoints in the axle and am considering upgrading my brakes.

Im wondering what other people have done? and appox. how much they spent on the parts?

does anyone have any suggestions to what i should do?

thanks

James

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at the "Similar Threads". Lots of good info already out there.

An easier upgrade is to use the booster from a 96 XJ. The fronts aren't really the problem on the XJ's. It's the back brakes that need upgrading and the power boosters on pre 96 XJ's.

JNickel101 said:
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at the "Similar Threads". Lots of good info already out there.

hasta

James,
Most your braking come from the front, not the rear. The front brakes on the XJ stink. This is what I did on my 1999, and it made a huge difference! The guys name is Van, and he is a really cool guy. He will not BS you, he will set you up with all you need, and back his product up as well. You will not be sorry, especially if you upgrade in tire size. Slotted rotors are bling on an XJ that you are going to use off road, the rotors and pads that come with the Vanco kit are great. Check them out here: http://www.vancopbs.com/

Back