• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

making my own HD tie rod

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine works for a machine shop and can make me a HD tie rod quite easily. but the only thing i'm unsure of is the thread size at the ends of the rods?

i'm assuming one side will be a left hand thread and the other will be a right hand thread. then you can adjust the toe just like the oem bar correct?

so if someone knows what thread size to use on the ends of the rods please let me know.

thanks guys.

Yes, that is correct you'll want a left hand and right hand thread. When I did this I bought four heim joints, four weld in bungs, and whatever size tubing I needed for the bungs to slide into with a 1/4" wall thickness and replaced the whole tie rod bar. I mounted it under the knuckles and then built another steering link using the same tubing and the additional two heims to run from the pitman arm to the top of the knuckle.

Back