• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 runing lean

thor42

NAXJA Forum User
on my 1987 comanche i just did a pace setter headerback exhaust with dummy cat and super 44 flowmaster and 2 1/2" piping it sounds great but i would never recomend anyone to buy these headers just because they are a pain to install i had to dent in header 1 and 4 to get the intake manifold to set on flush and its very hard to get to bolt number 2 to tighten. i have put borla headers on 4.0 motors and they are so much easier its almost like your paying the xtra money for them to fit right. well i pulled a couple of my spark plugs and it looks like its running lean, it also has a little bit of heasitation when i just step on the gas. so i was wondering it their is any way i can get a little more fuel in it? without making it run too rich i seen some people on here tried mustang injectors but i didnt realy get a straight answer about how they perform with just headerback exhaust anyone got any sugestions?

Could be a EGR issue, stuck open or hanging up.

Fuel pressure?

Fuel filter?

MAT or CTS out of range?

Bad O2?

Check all of these. I'm running a very similer set-up on my 90 minus the headers. I have a high flow cat, Flowmaster 40, annd 2.5" exhaust and i have no lean/rich issues. The system should be able to adjust if everything is working right.

Back